My Daughter

My Daughter
Remember when you learned how to do this?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

One Year on

After a long time I've finally managed to get my blog off the ground!!! About time.

What an appropriate time to choose to start. It is exactly one year ago that I joined the PO.com forum.....and what a year it's been.

How have I changed and how has my outlook on the world changed in the last year? Well I can say for one thing that there are times when I wish that I had never known about Peak Oil. Ignorance is bliss and there many times when I wish that I was just down the pub with my mates, drinking beer and being completly carefree and not actually giving a shit about the world....Unfortunately those days are now long gone. The beer will still be drunk but the way I look at the world has completly changed.

My friend said something to me the other day that summed up everything. He said that when I had found out about PO I had finally found what I was looking for. Allow me to explain. I'm the kind of guy who grows up being told that Adam and Eve were the first people on the planet. However I was also told that we evolved from Gorillas. Obviously these two theories cannot be the same. However my curiousity has always got the better of me and this has led me to investigate things such as religion and conspiracy theories in some kind of quest for the truth. As soon as I started learning about the importance of energy sources in human society then the penny finally dropped. That was it. It was so obvious. Yet I'd never even thought about it. Instead I was too busy enjoying the luxuries that oil was able to provide instead of appreciating it's importance.

Learning about PO has led me to one simple basic conclusion. All living things require a source of energy. NO SHIT!!! I hear you cry. If that statement is so obvious to all of us then why are we on the verge of the greatest energy crisis that our species has ever seen?

No comments: